🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Pokemon Scarlet & Violet data mine shows improved network configuration - The new pokemon games have been shown to use Nintendo's new server system, NPLN. NPLN was first used by Monster Hunter Rise on the Switch, followed by Pokemon Legends: Arceus, Splatoon 3, and Bayonetta 3. The communication between players still uses Nintendo's peer-to-peer library. (Source)
- Microsoft's Gaming CEO states Call of Duty will remain on PlayStation - Phil Spencer, Microsoft's Gaming CEO, makes it a point to mention that Xbox and Microsoft have no intention of removing Call of Duty from PlayStation in any capacity. He even mentioned carrying Call of Duty into PlayStation 7. Spencer also stated that it would not be required for PlayStation users to use Game Pass. (Source)
- Xbox continues its integration with Discord - Xbox players will now be able to browse servers and join voice channels from the Xbox interface in a new update provided by Xbox to the Xbox line of consoles. (Source)
- Bethesda Responds to Mick Gordon over accusations - I won't be covering the entire array of documents here. Mick Gordon released a Medium article detailing his side of the story. Where Bethesda and id Software held back payments and gaslit and abused Mick Gordon during the development of Doom Eternal. Mick Gordon stated that he was unaware of an OST in development until after it was announced by the team, and id Software withheld payments for months. Mick Gordon's account is here and is very dense with documented proof of his accusations against Bethesda and id Software. I encourage readers to read the entire statement posted by Mick Gordon and the Reddit posts made by id Software Studio Director Marty Stratton. (Bethesda's Response, Marty Stratton's Reddit Post, Mick Gordon's Medium Article)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Gungrave G.O.R.E, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, Dune: Spice Wars, and More.
- Nintendo eShop has kicked off Black Friday Sales.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- Next week is Issue #52. I'll see you all then.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).