Sega is partnering up with Microsoft for next generation game development, Blizzard continues to take Ls, Sims 4 continues to get content updates, Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalkers delayed, Money Laundering on Twitch, and EA bets on NFTs.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Sega + Microsoft set to collaborate on a next-generation game development environment for bigger service style games. (Source)
- The Sims 4 is getting new updates. A new plant-based dlc will be added, as well as the inclusion of a new gameplay mechanics: "Scenarios" . These are 'goal' missions where you guide your sim through goals to get to the end result. It remains to be seen how its going to change Sims gameplay. Although I'm more interested in the way the modders are going to use this. (Source)
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker has been delayed for two weeks. (Source)
- Turkish Twitch viewers and streamers were greeted with the unsettling news that Twitch had been used in a money laundering operation, prompting calls from Turkish politicians to investigate Twitch. These details come as a result of the Twitch leaks that happened. (Source)
- EA has decided that NFTs and Blockchain is the 'future of the industry'. However, given the recent scandals and exploits surrounding NFTs recently, it remains to be seen what exactly EA intends implement into their games. (Source)
- Blizzard co-head steps down after three months. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- There wasn't much that happened this week.
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I played the demo for Blue Reflection: Second Light (Steam, Nintendo Switch), and wow, I didn't expect to enjoy it that much. I picked up the original Blue Reflection on Steam and since they claim its a 20/30 hour long game, I'll play it before moving across the Second Light.
- I still want to play Yakuza though.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- Have you ever heard stickerbush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country? You're going to now. A trippy descent into 90s EDM that fills you with wonder and longing. (YouTube)
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I have managed to complete the first draft of the River City Girls Review. There are still a couple sections that needs to get expanded on, mainly the introduction and the developer section. Other than that the majority of the review is done. It is set to go up this week on the main site.
- Once the article and script for River City Girls has been finalized, I'll begin work on the Cyberpunk article.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).