🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- God of War Ragnarok has broken street date - It appears God of War Ragnarok is being sold legally almost two weeks before its scheduled release date. According to various sources, including Sony Santa Monica Studios, a major retailer, has begun selling the game as though it were released. Due to the nature of the sale, it is unclear if any action could be taken. The Studio has asked those who purchased the game not to share spoilers until the embargo lifts. (Source, Studio Response)
- Square Enix is set to abandon the Japanese market going forward - In their Annual Overview for 2022, Square Enix indicated that relying on the Japanese market is no longer profitable as the cost of developing large AAA games has ballooned in recent years. Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda states that going forward, Square Enix will be producing games that speak to a global market. (Source)
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse gets a new trailer and release date - Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse will launch on the 9th of March, 2023. The game will be available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Windows PC. (Overview Trailer)
- EA and Marvel Entertainment to collaborate on new games - EA has secured a multi-title collaboration with Marvel to make Action Adventure games based on various Marvel properties. Each game will be its original story set in the Marvel Universe, with the first title being an Iron Man third-person action-adventure game developed by Motive Studios. (Source)
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare II has earned 800 Million USD - In its opening weekend, MW2 has become the #1 top-selling Call of Duty game in its opening weekend window. (Source)
- PlayStation VR 2 pricing detailed - PlayStation VR2 will retail for $549 USD. The base bundle will include the headset and the controls with stereo headphones. A controller charging station will be sold separately for $49 USD. Pre-orders have begun. (Source)
- Megaman 11 is now the best-selling Megaman game - Megaman 11, released in 2018, has become the best-selling Megaman game since Megaman 2, which sold 1.51 Million copies. Megaman 2 was released in 1988. Megaman 11 has sold 1.6 million copies across all platforms, according to Capcom's datasheet. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Praetorians - HD Remaster and Dead End Job are coming to Games with Gold.
- Xbox Game Pass gets Pentiment, Football Manager 2023, Somerville, and More.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- This week was a bit of a frustrating week. I'll try to get back into gear next week.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).