This week, Nintendo has to delay Advance Wars, Age Of Empires Launched, Lara Croft had a fantastic Anniversary Event with game announcements, Niantic launches Pikmin Bloom, Facebook does some things, and Blizzard trying to save their own skin by absorbing actual developers.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- 'Wu-Tang Clan' Action-RPG is currently in development at Microsoft. This is actually a really solid idea. It will be great to see what the developers can do with the the hip-hop act especially since they will also be providing the soundtrack for the game. (Source)
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp has been delayed from its December 3rd, 2021 release date to Spring 2022. Nintendo says its to add additional polish to the game. I fully endorse and support this. I am huge fan of Advance Wars and I hope they take their time to make a really great solid game. (Source)
- Age of Empires IV launched this week. (Steam)
- Two Lara Croft Games are coming to the Nintendo Switch, 2010's Guardian of Light and 2014's Temple of Osiris. Both being developed by Feral Interactive. (Source)
- Pikmin Bloom, a Pokemon Go style app from Niantic + Nintendo. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Steam Halloween Sale is going on from 28th October, to the 1st November. There's a few decent deals to be had. I recommend BlazBlue Collection (Steam) and Terraria (Steam) - Not horror themed games, but I spent literally thousands of hours in Terraria, and I'm a big fan of BlazBlue & Guilty Gear.
- Facebook, Inc. changes its name to Meta, Inc. Because that's what was wrong with Facebook - its name. (Source)
- Blizzard will absorb Vicarious Visions (Developer of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2, developer on Diablo 2: Resurrected) into its own - most likely becoming an office of Blizzard. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- Now that I've completed Metroid Dread, and Cyberpunk 2077, what should I play next? I am debating picking back up Yakuza 0, as I completed up to Chapter 4 earlier this year. However, I am considering playing Tales of Arise as well.
- I also tried speedrunning Metroid Dread, and I can't even get the first sequence break. So there's that.
- Still haven't decided what my next game will be.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- This Hibari theme from River City Girls always get me hyped! (YouTube)
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I'm up to almost 5,000 words in my River City Girls review and I'm still not done. What a life!
- While I've been torn about what next I should play, I've been hard at work creating content for both YouTube and TikTok.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
- River City Girls Review is nearing compeletion - the script that is.