An interesting week, as Microsoft and Sony, locks horns on which party rightfully deserves exclusivity for their games, Beyond Good & Evil gets bad news, and Dragonball heads to Fortnite.
I'm still recovering, and I have been having a hard time getting things back on track. Thank you for your patience.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Beyond Good And Evil 2 continues its path through development hell - Former Narrative designer at Blizzard, Sarah Arellano, has joined Ubisoft Montpellier as one of the game's lead writers. She joked about it being her turn on her Twitter profile. This new development makes it certain that the game is nowhere near completion. (Source)
- Fatal Fury has been greenlit - The last time Fatal Fury had an entry was over 20 years ago. SNK announced during the EVO weekend, that a new entry in the Fatal Fury Series has been green-lit but no additional information was provided. (Source)
- Microsoft claims Sony has been paying for 'blocking rights' - The multi-billion dollar company claims that the other multi-billion dollar company has been paying developers to not launch their games on competing services. Polygon goes in-depth with both Microsoft and Sony's shady developer contracts over the past few years. There are much more details, too verbose to summarize here due to the sensitivity of contract and legal speak. (Source)
- Dragonball heads to Fortnite - Fortnite has teased a new Dragonball collaboration set for the 16th of August, 2022. (Source)
- Metal Slug Tactics is delayed into 2023 - Dotemu is delaying Metal Slug Tactics to 2023 for additional development and polish. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- PlayStation Plus for August gets Yakuza Kiwami, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands and more.
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- Having now completed Yakuza 0, I've decided to put some time between 0 and Kiwami 1. I picked up Shin-chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation. I really enjoyed the first couple of days of gameplay. I will be returning to it eventually. But I also picked up Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town. I will be playing this game for at least a week or two. I know that Spider-Man finally lands on Steam, but that's a massive commitment which I want to play properly.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I've been working on side projects, and side hustles recently. My job has gotten worse. However, as for Void0, I have 3 new pieces currently being written.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).