New Pokemon Scarlet & Violet News, Video gaming down 1.5 Billion USD, Tencent aims to invest more into Ubisoft
Stadia declared it was not dead, NPD releases an industry report, Tencent aims to get a bigger return on its investments with Ubisoft, and Nintendo releases its Q1 financial report.
This week had quite a few interesting topics, as multiple financial reports came in. Stadia declared it was not dead, NPD releases an industry report, Tencent aims to get a bigger return on its investments with Ubisoft, and Nintendo releases its Q1 financial report.
Hey everyone, I had COVID-19 for the past two weeks. I am sorry I was unable to get the "Weekly Digest" for the past two weeks, but from this week it will go back to regular. Thank you for your time and patience.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Minecraft Steve & Alex Amiibos get release date - Nintendo announced the new Super Smash Bros Amiibo for Steven & Alex on their official Twitter account, and its release date of 9th of September, 2022. (Source)
- Stadia says it's not shutting down - The Google-owned gaming company, Stadia has stated on Twitter that the service will not be closing down amid reports and rumours stating that the service will sunset in the coming months. (Source)
- Video Game spending down almost 1.5 Billion USD - According to reports by the market research company NPD, the previous quarter sees video game sales drop by over 13% from the same quarter in the previous year. The US spent 12.35 Billion USD in Q2. (Source)
- Nintendo Releases their Q1 Financial Report - The Nintendo Switch has sold over 111 million units since its release. Nintendo also posted a net profit of 118 Billion Yen or ~874 million USD. (Source)
- Tactics Ogre: Reborn gets a release date! - A new trailer posted to Square Enix's YouTube channel shows off the remade Tactics Ogre. It will be available for the Ps5, PS4, and Switch and there will be a digital-only version on PC via Steam. This version will have an updated game design, full-voiced cutscenes, improved graphics and re-recorded audio. (Source)
- Tencent has plans to increase its stake in Ubisoft - According to Reuters, Tencent plans to become the largest shareholder of the French video game group Ubisoft Entertainment, currently owned by the Guillemot family. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
Pokemon Presents had their presentation on Wednesday 3rd of August, 2022.
- They announced an in-person event in London from Thursday 18th of August, 2022 to Sunday 21st August 2022. This is for the Pokemon World Championship Series 2022. In addition to their usual lineup of games to compete in, they will also be adding Pokemon Go and Pokemon Unite competitions. They will also live stream every event, and every championship match for each age division.
- Pokemon Go Fest will have new Ultra Beasts on Saturday 27th August 2022. There will also be a worldwide event for those unable to attend, where you can find Pokemon you won't normally find, as well as the legendary Pokemon Shayman after completing research quests. They will also provide a new 15-minute adventure incense which will attract Pokemon you probably won't see.
- Pokemon Unite will have a first-anniversary event. A new quick battle mode will have all pokemon on the field become Pikachu. Buzzwole will also be included in Pokemon Unite from the 3rd of August 2022. Log into Pokemon Unite to get Unite Licenses and Holowear for Pikachu, Lucario, Blastoise, Snorlax and Slyveon.
- Pokemon Masters EX will have its third-anniversary event. The new trainer lodge is in active development and further details will be revealed.
- Pokemon Cafe Remix will see new updates which include Mewtwo as a new character. Latios and Latias will also make their way into the game in future updates.
- They showed off a new trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, and it confirms rideable mounts will make their way from Legends Arceus into Scarlet & Violet. We saw the legendary pokemon from the box art being used as rideable mounts including turning into a motorcycle and flyable mounts. They showed off more new pokemon, as well as the game's new gimmick. There were new scenes of nature, cities, and more environmental displays. You will adventure through the Paldea Region. Koraidon and Miraidon will allow you to traverse the sky, ground, and sea on its back. The story will open as you are attending an academy and you will be given an independent research quest known as the "Treasure Hunt". There will be three stories for you to uncover, one of which is the familiar 8 gym battle. You will be able to battle each gym in any order you will like. They didn't go into any detail with the other stories. We got a simple introduction to the cast of the game, and more details about the pokemon that inhabit the Paldea region. Wooper gets a Paldean form. A quick couple of seconds shows off a new UI for the Pokedex. They also showed off some quick multiplayer gameplay. They also went into more detail regarding the new gimmick for this game, Terastal Phenomenon. All pokemon will be able to Terastalize which will boost its type and make its moves stronger in addition to adding a new gem-like covering over the pokemon. Some pokemon might change types when they Teralize. This will depend on the Pokemon's Tera Type. The game will also feature Tera Raid Battles where you can find Pokemon with rare Tera types. These battles will feature a new mode which allows pokemon to battle and heal based on their own battle timer instead of turn-based.
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I will be completely Yakuza 0 this week, I've been trying to complete all the little bits and pieces of the game.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry. Covid really just hit me like a brick wall. I know this week's round-up wasn't as good as it could have been, but please bear with me as I try to get back on track. Thank you all for your continued support.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).