This week was a huge week for Nintendo, as they brought back the Wii channel, released new Switch variations, makes good with a new subscription repair and replacement service, God Of War gets a release date, Terminator & RoboCop comes from left field as they get new games announced. For spoken has been delayed once again, and Monster Hunter Rise sells 10 million units!
Hey thanks for reading, if there is a game, or just something more in the games space you want me to cover, or report on, please let me know using this Google Form. Thank you.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Nintendo now offers up to two Switch Unit replacements! - Nintendo has introduced WideCare, a new subscription service, which will allow users to send in their Nintendo Switch for repairs to Nintendo. This also covers user errors, such as cracked screens and water damage. You can use this service up to 6 times per year, or up to two Switch Units replacements. The service is currently only offered in Japan, for ~2,000 YEN per year. This equates to around $15 USD. This might be a trial run for an international service still yet to come. Right now, Japanese Switch owners will get much better support for their devices, as this now clearly shows that the Nintendo Switch will be sticking around for a lot longer. (Source)
- God Of War: Ragnarok gets a release date - A new cinematic trailer has unveiled the release date for God Of War: Ragnarok for 9th November 2022. A collector's edition will also be released alongside it. (Source, Collectors Edition)
- Nintendo has brought the Wii Shop back online - Twitter user @OatmealDome has discovered that Nintendo has brought back up the servers for the Wii. The service originally went down on March 16th. (Source)
- Switch OLED gets a new Splatoon 3 model - Ahead of the Splatoon 3 release, Nintendo has unveiled an array of new hardware themed in Splatoon. The dock, the joycons, and the Switch unit itself, all have a unique colour and pattern that matches the Splatoon game. They also released a new Nintendo Pro Controller which features the game's primary colours. (Source 1, Source 2)
- Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has sold 10 million units - Capcom announced that Monster Hunter Rise has officially sold over 10 million units - with two million of those units being the Sunbreak expansion that was released on the 30th Of June, 2022. (Source)
- Forspoken has been delayed into 2023 - Square Enix and Luminous Productions have stated that after speaking with their 'key partners' the decision to move the game into the 24th of January 2023 was made. They further clarified that all game elements were complete and the game is in its final polishing state. (Source)
- RoboCop: Rouge City has been unveiled - RoboCop: Rogue City will be coming to PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch in June 2023. The game was announced by Nacon at their Nacon Connect event. (Source)
- Untitled Terminator game also in the works - Nacon also showed off footage from their yet-to-be-titled Terminator game. (Source)
- E3 will partner with ReedPop to bring E3 2023 - ReedPop, who has previous organized PAX, New York Comic-Con, Star Wars Celebration and more, will be working with ESA in order to create a new E3 experience currently set to return in 2023. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Nintendo adds four new SEGA Genisis games to their Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion pack tier. Comix Zone, Target Earth, Zero Wing, and Megaman: The Willy Wars. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- No games this week for me.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- A stunningly beautiful rendition of the amazing and breathtaking "To Zanarkland" from the Final Fantasy series. I actually own Distant Worlds I & II, though I have no idea where they are, here is the track on YouTube. (Source)
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- Haven't done much this week.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).