This week Apple & Google trade blows at their respective events, Pokemon uploads cryptic video then uploads actual video a day later, PlayStation Studios set to release another PS exclusive on PC, Stardew Valley Developer announces and demos new Game, and more information about GTA new game collection.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- The Official Pokemon Channel uploaded a found-footage style video clearly meant to promote Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and its well, kind of unsettling. There is white noise, and VHS static. The video feels creepy. I'm not sure what The Pokemon Company is up to, but I'm intrigued. They later published the 'restored' video - the sky looked great - still very excited for Arceus. (Source, Restored Source)
- SEGA Saturn Emulator has been spotted in a few ports of old Sega Saturn Games to the Switch. The Emulator seems to be used by City Connection to port the games Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang and Guardian Force to the switch. While this doesn't mean that Nintendo and Sega is going to add the Saturn to Nintendo Switch Online (which it probably should), but it might mean that City Connection could port more old-school Saturn games to the Switch. (Source)
- The PlayStation Exclusive God of War (2018) will be coming to the PC on January 14, 2022. This marks another one of Sony properties to be released on the PC. It certainly is interesting to see Sony leaving behind the PlayStation console. What will become of the brand in the future? (Source)
- CD Projekt Red has announced delays to both the Xbox Series X, and PlayStation 5 releases for both Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 to Q2 2022, and Q1 2022, respectively. (Source)
- ConcernedApe, the developer behind Stardew Valley, officially announces their new game - Haunted Chocolatier. It won't be ready for a while according to the developer, but given the massive success of Stardew Valley, its clear this might be a hit just waiting to happen. (Source, Homepage)
- No Man's Sky announced a new mini-update as well as a new Narrative based Expedition for Halloween. (Source)
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition is set for a November 11th Digital Release, and a December 7th Physical Release - It will cost $59.99 USD. The trilogy will include Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Each game will feature quality-of-life enhancements, including GTA V type controls and targeting, new lighting, high-resolution textures, and more. I never really played these, so I'm looking forward to trying them. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Apple announced upgrades to their Mac line. Including the new M1 Max, and M1 Pro SoCs, it is a clear upgrade from the previous M1 chip. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- Well, I completed Cyberpunk 2077, and I got the bad ending! Which sucks a bit, but I did enjoy the final moments of the game, it truly was something special. I will be writing up an article about this game soon.
- I also picked up Metroid Dread, the Special Edition. Unfortunately I ended up paying scalpers price. So that's that. I am hours into the game, and it is fantastic. The game just kept me on my toes, going further into the game you begin to see how intricately designed the maps are. This is truly a classic.
- I also played the demo of They Are Here - and holy f##k. I got to the part where the aliens landed and I straight up Alt-F4'd. This is an interesting game thus far. (Steam)
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- I know we've all heard Mick Gordon's legendary Doom soundtrack, but his Killer Instinct soundtrack is legit pretty good as well. Here's Village of Whispers. (YouTube)
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I already started on the Cyberpunk 2077 piece. I will opting to talk about more of the game, its story, its mechanics, and where it went right and wrong. I won't harp too much of things such as bugs, or marketing, or issues with CDPR. I will mention them, but I will be focusing on the game mostly.
- I've been merging my old River City Girls review with the new one. I am aiming to complete the script and article for River City Girls. While I am on the note of the River City Girls Review. Should I release the written review before the produced video? Or Release them both together? You can cast your vote here.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
- That River City Girls Review(TM)