A huge new group of games get announced from the PlayStation's State of Play. Valve delays the Steam Deck Dock, Mario Strikers to get post-game content, and BioWare unveils new plans for Dragon Age.
Hey thanks for reading, if there is a game, or just something more in the games space you want me to cover, or report on, please let me know using this Google Form. Thank you.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- PlayStation will release up to half of their games on Mobile & PC by 2025 - A new meeting between the execs of Sony has indicated that they will be pivoting their first part games to be multi-platform and live-service oriented. It was mentioned in the meeting that PlayStation's IP continues to sell well even when released on both PC & PS and that PlayStation is looking to leverage this over the next few years. (Source)
- SD Gundam Battle Alliance gets a release date - SD GUNDAM Battle Alliance is set to release cross-platform on the 25th of August 2022. The game will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via Windows Store and Steam. (Source)
- Mario Strikers to get post-launch content - Nintendo of America announced on Twitter that Mario Strikers: Battle League will get more post-launch updates, which will be free. This includes but is not limited to new free characters. A data mine by @Wipeoutjack7 of the Mario Strikers demo has shown that there are twenty character slots, though the game will only launch with 10. (Source, Source 2)
- Developer lineup announced for Summer Games Fest - According to @Geoffkeighley, SGF will have events from over 30 developers, including 2K, Activision, Bandai Namco, EA, Epic Games, miHoYo, Netflix, Samsung, Sega, Steam and more. The event will be available on SummerGameFest.com. (Source)
- Pokemon Scarlet And Violet get a new trailer - Pokemon released a new trailer showing off a few new tidbits about the new games set to release on the 18th of November, 2022. The game will feature a four-player multiplayer co-op, according to the trailer. They showed off the new Pokemon, a preview of the possible player customization, the new professors (two!), and more previews of catching Pokemon. The trailer ends with a CGI cutscene showing the new legendary Pokemon that will be unique to the games. (YouTube, Website)
- Destroy All Humans 2 gets an August release date - The cult classic Destroy all Humans received an upgraded remaster, which was met with widespread acclaim. The developers have returned with a ground-up remaster for Destroy All Humans 2: Reprobed. It received its new launch date of the 30th of August, 2022, with the release of a new trailer showing off the game. There will also be a companion game which can be purchased separately - Clone Carnage - which allows for challenging friends to four game modes across six maps and competing with up to four players online. There are also bringing in the skins from the original game. (Reprobed Trailer, Clone Carnage Trailer)
- Steam Deck Dock has been delayed - A blog post by Valve has indicated that the Steam Deck Docking Station has been postponed until better supply has been achieved. The delay was due to parts shortages and COVID closures at the manufacturing plants. The post stressed that this delay would have no impact on the reservation for Steam Decks. (Source)
- BioWare announces Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - BioWare returns to one of its more beloved franchises by announcing a new game in the Dragon Age saga, Dreadwolf. The main post gives an introduction to Solas, the Dread Wolf. The centre also indicated that there would be more information regarding the game later this year. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
Sony had its massive PlayStation State of Play on the 2nd of June, 2022. They announced several remasters, and several PlayStation only games that will be coming to PC. They also showed off new footage for several in-development games that will be released for PlayStation.
- Resident Evil 4 - 03/24/23 - PSVR2 content is also in development for a later release date.
- RE Village will get new PSVR2 content.
- The walking dead: Saints & Sinners Retribution Chapter 2 will release in 2022 for PSVR2.
- No Mans Sky will also land on PSVR2.
- Horizon VR: Call of the Mountain will also land on PSVR2
- Horizon: Forbidden West received a huge new update which includes Performance Mode, Transmog, Reset Skills, Ultra Hard Difficulty, and New game plus mode which allows you to restart the game with end-game weapon sets, as well as new weapons and trophies.
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered is coming to the PC on the 12th of August, 2022.
- Stray - the game where you take control of a stray cat, gets a 19th of July 2022 release date for PS4/PS5. The trailer showed off more game mechanics, stealth gameplay, and enemies.
- The Calisto Protocol will land on PS4 and PS5 on the 2nd of December, 2022.
- Rollerdrome, a stylized roller skate third-person shooter with skate mechanics right out of Tony Hawk, will find its way on PlayStation on the 16th of August.
- Eternights, an action game cross with a dating sim, is set to release in 2023.
- Capcom showed off the new Street Fighter 6 gameplay. The trailer included Chun-li and Ryu as they face off, while also demoing what appears to be an open-world component where fights take place in the overworld. The game is currently slated for 2023.
- Tunic gets a 27th of September release date for PlayStation.
- Season: A Letter to the Future is set for Autumn 2022.
- A new trailer for Final Fantasy XVI was released, with a heartfelt lead-in by the producer. The trailer shows off the return of many iconic summons, it gives us a preview of the story that will unfold, and most importantly, it provides us with a Summer 2023 release window.
- Xbox Game Pass for June was released. For Honor, Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection and Chorus will be coming to the service.
- PlayStation Plus will receive God of War, Naruto: Shinobi Striker, and Nickelodeon All Star Brawl for the month of June.
- Xbox Games with Gold will get a collection of indies titles including Super Meatboy and Project Highrise.
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- No games this week.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I have a new Job interview coming up this week, wish me luck :D
- I'm still editing the Blue Reflection piece.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).