Rumours are swirling for a new merge set between EA and an undisclosed company as EA has been shopping around itself. Call of Duty players was greeted with a new release date, and PlayStation announces major PSVR2 games are in development, and Capcom is set to revive old IPs.
Hey thanks for reading, if there is a game, or just something more in the games space you want me to cover, or report on, please let me know using this Google Form. Thank you.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- EA is reportedly getting ready for a sale or merge - EA has been preparing itself for sale to another larger media company. The report also claims that EA might entertain a merger if it allows its current CEO to remain as CEO of the merged company. The information continues that NBCUniversal had the talks go substantially further than the others. However, the deal fell through due to the price. (Source)
- Capcom announces plans for its legacy IP - In a new report, Capcom has indicated that there are plans to revive old IPs from the Capcom library. They noted that they would be using data demand from the market to determine what will receive priority. Capcom owns IPs such as Darkstalkers, Power Stone, Okami, and Onimusha and the titans such as Resident Evil, Megaman, and Street Fighter. (Source)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II gets fall release - A new video trailer went up on Call of Duty's official website, which announces the release date for the recent Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II as October 28, 2022. (Source)
- PlayStation clarifies upgrade pricing for PlayStation Plus - During the week, PlayStation users in Asia found themselves paying more money to upgrade to the higher tiers of PlayStation Plus or even register for it. PlayStation clarified later in the week that it was due to a technical error, and the only cost should be the difference between the two packages. It has since been resolved. (Source)
- Replaced has been delayed into 2023 - Sad Cat Studios, whose teams are from Belarus and Ukraine, announced via Twitter that they have decided to delay Replaced after being forced to relocate the units due to the continued war in the region. (Source)
- 20+ games set to release for the PSVR2 - A new presentation by the Sony Interactive Entertainment President and CEO, Jim Ryan, has indicated upwards of 20 titles in development for the PSVR2 by 'major' first-party and third-party studios. The presentation also goes over several other aspects of Sony's plans, such as their acquisitions and their goals of expanding their existing IPs into more mediums. They noted the Uncharted movie, Horizon Lego Sets, and the HBO TV Series The Last of Us. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- A vast list of games goes on sale for Xbox. There is a massive list of games too much to list here. (Source)
- PlayStation Store has a new large deal going on. (Source)
- Nintendo Switch Online gets new games! Congo's Caper and Rival Turf! are the two SNES games, while Pinball comes to the NES library. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I was a busy bee this week, so no games for me.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- A few newsletters ago, I promised that changes would come to Void0. While the more community aspects of Void0 have seen delays, I'll be looking into preparing more bite-sized content that could hopefully fill the very long time between pieces. I do have a more creative newsletter that I'll be pitching next week to you all. Thanks to upgrades to the backend of the site (Ghost CMS), you can now manage your Email preferences. You will be able to select which of my newsletters you would want. So if you don't want my Creative Newsletter (better name incoming), you can continue to subscribe to the Weekly Digest.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).