Rainbow Six now has a mobile game, Epic Releases Unreal Engine 5 to developers, THQ Nordic sets date for show case, and Nintendo might be doing something with their new updates.
Hey thanks for reading, if there is a game, or just something more in the games space you want me to cover, or report on, please let me know using this Google Form. Thank you.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Return To Monkey Island by Devolver Digital & Lucusfilm Games set for release sometime in 2022. (Source)
- Sony removes the PS Now annual subscription package from their PSN Store. It is now only available as a monthly subscription. (Source)
- Rainbow Six: Mobile now has a new site, and more information available on their site. The game is a mobile game targeting Android and iOS, and looks very detail from the videos demoed. You can register for more news about the game as it happens on the official site. (Source)
- Unreal Engine 5 has officially been released to developers. The Engine was previously in beta, and it had been sent across to various development studios. The engine is now live for all developers to poke at it and see what is what. They also announced a new starter demo game that will help show off what is capable. (Source)
- Crystal Dynamics also announced that the new Tomb Raider game has gone into production with Unreal Engine 5. (Source)
- Nintendo has released a new update to the Nintendo Switch firmware which adds support for Unclaimed Platinum Points to generate notifications. (Source)
- THQ Nordic, has announced a Save the Date event for 12th August, 2022. The trailer shows off games that have been confirmed with more to come. This digital showcase will provide updates and announce new games. (Source)
- Remedy Entertainment has partnered with Rockstar Games to remake Max Payne 1 & 2. The game is set to be developed as a single game title using the Northlight Engine. It is set for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series. (Source)
- Splatoon 3 gets new screenshots, as the Nintendo Japan website has been updated to include more information about the game. (Source)
- Gran Turismo 7 gets its newest patch, and the community seems to agree that the changes has made the credit system better than it previously felt. (Source)
- Nintendo will be bringing the original Mario Golf from the Nintendo 64 era into the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion pack. (Source)
- Square Enix continues to dip into their legacy franchises, as they have trademarked Tactics Ogre: Reborn in Japan. The first game in this franchisor was released in 1993 with the final being released in 2010. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Bandai Namco has a pretty big sale on Nintendo Switch. (Source)
- Amazon has a Buy Two Get One Free sale on video games. (Source)
- New Games including Cricket 22, is coming to Xbox Game Pass. MLB The Show, Dragon Age 2, and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare comes to the pass as well. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- Haven't played much this week.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- Nothing is more iconic of the 90s than Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. The franchise had several outings on the Super Nintendo, but the sound track is absolutely a masterpiece. It majestically kept the energy of the original theme song, while expanding and crafting something new. The Boss Theme track is a thumping expression of pure rush. Check it out here. The entire soundtrack is fantastic and worthy of a many listens. Here is the YouTube Playlist.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I am writing up my Blue Reflection Piece. The first draft is completed.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).