PlayStation Vita games playable on Switch, Micro transactions in Grand Turismo, God Of War Gets New TV Show!
PlayStation Vita games are playable on the Switch, Grand Turismo 7 shows off its Microtransactions, Nintendo continues to push updates to their application offerings, delays hit a major new release from Square Enix, and God Of War might be getting a live-action tv show.
PlayStation Vita games are playable on the Switch, Grand Turismo 7 shows off its Micro transactions, Nintendo continues to push updates to their application offerings, delays hit a major new release from Square Enix, and God Of War might be getting a live-action tv show.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Xerpi, a long time developer in the PlayStation Vita scene, has announced and demoed a very early proof-of-concept which shows native Vita Binaries running natively on the Switch's hardware. The library known as "Vita2hos", which is a pun Vita to Horizon OS (the Switch's OS), works by intercepting calls to Vita libraries and sending them to the Switch's libraries. Xerpi notes that this is very early software. At the moment you will need a switch with a custom OS, such as Atmosphere to run the *.nsp file directly. (Source)
- Micro transactions rears its head once again in Grand Turismo 7. The full priced game, allows you to purchase additional credits for real world money. Twenty dollars USD will grant you 2 million in-game credits. There are also indications that the legendary cars coming to the game will cost near 20 million credits. (Source)
- Nintendo has updated their mobile app. It features updated visuals, view friend code, see your friends online status, and change your own online status among other things. (Source)
- Square Enix's new IP, Forsaken, has been delayed to October 11th, 2022. They reported they would like to spend the extra months polishing the game. (Source)
- Rumors are going around that Amazon Prime Video is set to pick up the live-action rights to Sony's popular God Of War franchise. (Source)
- Nintendo has delayed Advanced Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp, seemingly indefinitely. This is a response to the on-going conflict. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Monster Hunter: Rise will be free to play for a week for Nintendo Switch Online members. (Source)
- Playstation had their state of play on 9th March, 2022.
- Exoprimal - Warframe with dinosaurs, by Capcom Coming 2023.
- Ghostwire: Tokyo had a new trailer shown off.
- New demo for Stranger of Paradise available the same day.
- Forspoken had a new trailer which showed off more features and game play for the game.
- Gundam Evolution had a new trailer showing off new suits, and 3 new game play modes.
- TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection is set to release with a huge array of games from the game's long run.
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - All star battle - 50 playable characters.
- Returnal had their Free Update 3.0 announced to March 22nd, 2022.
- The Diofield Chronicles, a new RPG by Square Enix, is set fore release in 2022.
- Valkyrie Elysium, another new RPG from Square Enix, will also be released in 2022.
- Nintendo's F-Zero X will be coming to the Nintendo Switch + Online Expansion on March 11th, 2022. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I took a break from Shin Megami Tensei V this week, to play Monster Hunter: Rise.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- With the release of F-Zero X on the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack service, here's the Mute City theme song. (YouTube)
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- "Why Pokemon Legends: Arceus is Important to Nintendo", was published this week. In this piece I walk through a few reasons why I think Pokemon Legends is important to Nintendo, and what it means for the companies going forward. You can read it here.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).
The Void Calls, Will you Answer?