This week saw a huge array of releases, from an official trailer for SF6, new updates for Nintendo's Expansion Pack, Square Enix talks remasters, new Playstation Hardware, the Steam Deck finally gets into consumers hands, and Pokemon unveils new Generation!
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Street Fighter VI has been officially announced for a Summer 2022 release with a teaser trailer. (Source)
- Additional leaks has been spotted for more Nintendo Lego Sets to come with prices ranging from 19.99 USD all the way up to 229.99 USD. (Source)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask is set to be released on Friday, 25th, 2022 on the Nintendo Switch Online Expansion. (Source)
- Dolphin Emulator Project posts a screenshot of a GameCube game running on the Steam Deck. (Source)
- Square Enix is set to bring more SNES-era RPGs to modern consoles using their recent HD-2D art styles seen in games like Triangle Strategy, and Live a Live. This was casually confirmed on Square Enix’s recent podcast by Tomoya Asano of Octopath Traveler and Bravely Default, Takashi Tokita of Live A Live, and Yauaki Arai of Triangle Strategy.
- Bethesda.net Game Launcher is no more. They will be putting the launcher out to pasture and migrating to steam. (Source)
- PlayStation.VR2 headset has been announced and displayed over at PlayStation’s official blog. (Source)
- According to twitter user @aurich, Capcom might have lifted an Adobe Stock Image for the Street Fighter 6 logo. It appears that the new more generic SF6 logo bears a striking similarity to the one found on Adobe’s Stock platform. (Source)
- Last week I missed No Man’s Sky Launching a new update: Sentinel. Featuring updates to game AI, build-able mech units, companion Drones, more weapons, support for nVidia DLSS, and AMD Fidelity FX, support for the Steam Deck, and later this summer the Nintendo Switch — more creatures to collect, new lore, more upgrades and improvements to combat — there is a ton more in the Changelog hosted on their site. (YouTube, Changelog)
- Major New Pokemon Mainline games, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, which appears to be using the Pokemon Legends Arceus Engine, has been slated for late 2022. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Pokemon had their “Pokemon Presents” on the 27th, Feb, 2022. Here they released a number of updates for their various games.
- Pokemon GO will be getting Alola region Pokemon appearing from March 1st.
- Pokemon Masters EX celebrates its 2.5 years. It get news features and new Sync pairs. When you login you’ll get to scout up to 100 sync pairs at no cost.
- Pokemon Cafe Remix gets a new update with a new mode — a Delivery mode — where you make delivers to Pokemon far away, and meet new Pokemon, gain new outfits, and unlock new specialty items which gives you an edge in the main game.
- Pokemon Unite will hold a Pokemon Day Event. There will be a new mode added to the game, and a new legendary, Hoopa, will join the roster.
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will get Oak’s Letter in a Mystery Gift, which will allow you to get Shaymin the Legendary Pokemon.
- Pokemon Legends Arceus gets its first major update in the form of DayBreak. A new quest will be made available to investigate an outbreak of new pokemon.
- A new online animated series based around an original story set in the Hisui Region has been green lit for release later in 2022.
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet has been announced for a late 2022 release!
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I picked up the new Sims 4 Pack, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, same goes for Atelier Sophie 2.
- Work has been hectic, so once work calms down I'll get to it.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I decided to try writing my review of pokemon Legends Arceus, but I took a detour to write a Think Piece about what Legends Arceus might mean for Pokemon and Nintendo.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).