Cyberpunk 2077 promises mountains with new Patch, Leader of Team Xecuter goes to jail, twitter uncovers cut content from Pokemon Legends, PlatinumGames' discusses acquisitions, Netflix set to do Bioshock live action. Final Fantasy XIV has massive livestream which details the next ten years of Final Fantasy XIV.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Cyberpunk 2077 launches Patch 1.5 - detailing a huge list of changes across all platforms. (Source)
- Valve continues to boast its player centrality, with the release of the Steam Deck CAD files - which makes the Steam Deck's shell available for 3D Printing. (Source)
- The leader of Team Xecuter, Gary Bowser, has been sentenced to 40 months in prison after pleading guilty to two felony charges - as a result of their association with Team Xecuter, who sold Nintendo Switch mod chips. (Source) - For those interested, it was claimed that Team Xecuter used Nintendo's own source code in their Custom OS for hacked switches. Which is a non-legal way of creating Custom OS for video game consoles. Atmosphere, which is another custom OS for the switch, uses entirely reverse engineered code and none of Nintendo's Propriety source code. Team Xecuter was also caught using code from the free and open-source Atmosphere in their for-sale, closed source OS. (Source)
- Twitter User @DeepGameResearch has found a very detailed, hidden room in the Pokemon Legends Arceus' code. Speculation about the room has gone from, originally planned to be the player's starting position, to being part of DLC. (Source)
- PlatinumGames' CEO might be own to acquisitions IF their (creative) freedoms are respected. (Source)
- Netflix has announced they will be doing an adaptation of the renowned franchise BioShock. (Source)
- Chihiro Fujioka, the director of the old school Super Mario RPG for the SNES, has stated he would love to work on another Super Mario RPG game, going so far as to state he would like it to be his final game. (Source)
- Mario Kart 8's new DLC will be available in online modes even if only one person owns it, who is part of the race. This also applies to friend's races. (Source)
- Twitter user @NWPlayer123 finds a license from Nintendo Switch Sports which lists AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution, an up scaling algorithm meant to compete with nVidia's Deep Learning Super Sampling. This potentially indicates that Nintendo will be using up scaling in the Nintendo Switch Sports. (Source)
- Nintendo's 3DS and Wii U eShop is set to be discontinued in March 2023. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Xbox has announced additional games for the Xbox Game Pass service. (Source)
- Final Fantasy XIV, details the next 10 years for the game. This includes updates to the graphics engine, balance changes, quest changes for better solo play. They also announced smaller changes to names, and the like. In addition patches will now happen every four months, vs the original 3.5 month time frame. (Source)
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I downloaded that massive Cyberpunk 2077 1.5 Patch. I loaded in, but I realized I had to start the game over, so I put it back down for now. Which reminds me, I have a piece about Cyberpunk's story that I've been working on. So I'll get to it soon.
- I have gotten incredibly far in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, with almost 20 hours in, and nearing the end of the game. I can not stress how nice it is to just roam around the map and collect pokemon.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- This week I've been blaring the absolutely amazing "Big Blue" from the SNES game F-Zero. This sound is such a fun time. Here is a fantastic Eurobeat Remix of the song, and the original looped at 30 minutes.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- Once again, no written reviews up this week. Been quite busy playing games here and there, and work has certain been on my a**.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).