What a massive week. Nintendo's Direct hits it out of the park which several massive announcements, and huge updates to new games. Horizon Forbidden West reviews go up next week, Google is retooling Stadia. Metroid Dread gets free updates.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- EA's Skate 4 is set to release soon, says EA. It supposedly also support user generated content. (Source)
- Switch will get a new collection in the form of Batman Arkham Collection. This was revealed by a French retail site - it would seem by mistake. Will this be another cloud-based outing like Kingdom Hearts? (Source)
- Google has deescalated Google Stadia according to reports. The service is being rebranded as Google Stream, and it will now be sold as a product to other companies looking to get into gaming or interactive content. As was seen with Peloton's (Yes, that Peloton) Game Lanebreak, which used Google's Cloud Gaming Service. (Source)
- Platinum Games talks about their new studio work, and hints at new Live Service Games. (Source)
- Master Splinter revealed for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (Video)
- Reviews for Horizon Forbidden West will be going up next week. (Tweet)
- Microsoft wants to bring Activision-Blizzard's games to Nintendo Consoles. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- Nintendo had their Direct on Feb 09. They showed off several games.
- No Man's Sky is coming to the switch this summer!
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is set for launch on April 8th, 2022.
- Mario Strikers: Battle League launches June 10.
- Splatoon 3 launches this summer.
- Disney + Pixar Kart Racer, Disney Speedstorm, this summer.
- SD Gundam Battle Alliance set for this year.
- Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition! On April 7th 2022.
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land launches on March 25th, 2022.
- Portal Companion Collection due out in 2022.
- Live A Live launches July 22nd 2022.
- Nintendo Switch Sports launches April 29, 2022.
- Triangle Strategy has a demo playable up until Chapter 3! With transfer to full game.
- Metroid Dread will have two free updates. The first adds two new difficulty modes, Rookie, and Dread Mode. Rookie mode makes recovery easier, while Dread Mode is instant hit kill mode. The second free update will offer a boss rush mode.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will have 48 new courses remastered from across the series released over 6 waves spanning until 2023. 24.99USD for the standalone DLC or as part of Nintendo's Expansion Pack.
- Xenoblade Chronicles announced for September 2022.
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- I got into Lost Ark, on launch day. I don't know if I'm going to enjoy this game. I will continue playing it though. It softlocked the game on a loading instance after an hour of gameplay. I continued to play it this weekend, and wow am I having fun. Don't care for the story, but the gameplay is amazing.
- I've continued playing Pokemon Legends Arceus, and its great fun. While the graphics maybe disappointing for some. I think the gameplay loop is strong enough that it can be forgiven. However, I won't accept this a second time. You go leeway because this was a massive departure for the series. You won't get it again.
- Cyber Shadow continues to be a joy to play. Unforgivingly diffcult, while also being extremely fun to play.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- While No Mans Sky can be considered many things - its soundtrack is easily one of the best every composed. A sprawling soundscaped designed by the British Band 65daysofstatic, that entire soundscape is geniunely amazing. The feeling, the expression, the hope, the longing, all packed into an album that no one saw coming. No matter your thoughts on No Mans Sky, go check out 65daysofstatic. Do it. Here's the No Mans Sky Trailer music.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I have not written anything this week, I've been busy playing all these games.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).