Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard. Pokemon Arecus breaks street date, more problems from inside Blizzard, Nintendo Releases new Banjo-Kazoee! Leaks from the Pokemon Legends also indiciated Nintendo moving towards their new Online Infrastructure.
🕹️ The Console War Rages On
- Microsoft Buys Activision Blizzard. Yes you read that right. Microsoft has purchased the troubled gaming giant for an astounding 68.7billion USD. A staggering value given the recent issues the gaming giant has faced. What is going to become of this, will StarCraft return to its former glory, or will it exceed it. Time alone will tell. (Source)
- Killer Instinct may be making a comeback. Rumors are circulating that K.I is gearing up for something soon, though the rumors are being fueled by a Comment Phil Spencer made last year - its still interesting to think about. (Source)
- Kingdom Hearts - HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III will launch in February, you will also be able to get the 'Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece' collection, which will have all titles in a singular package. However, all of these will be cloud versions. Which is... well. Prices will be steep. (Source)
- And the Disaster-pieces continue. CEO of Blizzard reportedly considered buying out Kotaku and PC Gamer to fix Activision's Image problem. (Source)
- Pokemon Legends Arceus has had a vast array of leaks this week, as the physical game was leaked and posted to twitter since then. Twitter has been ablaze with spoilers from the Complete Pokedex to actual game play. There's over a week left before the official release date. (Won't Link to Spoilers, see twitter)
- Nintendo Shadow drops Banjo-Kazoee for the Nintendo Switch Online N64 service. (Source)
- Data miners dug into the Pokemon Arceus and discovered the game will be using Nintendo's New Server Infrastructure. The Same used for Monster Hunter Rise. (Source)
✨ Going to Events Spiritually
- I'm not going anywhere! lol
🎮 Where's My Controller?
- Resubscribed to Final Fantasy XIV, in order to complete up until Endwalker. Really enjoying it so far, but wow its a bit of a mess. They changed the Summoner class, and I was completely lost. I still haven't really gotten my new rotation down, because every tutorial online just seems to be geared towards 90+ players and not returning players.
- I also played Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel this week. It was fantastic. I also did a review of it which you can find here.
🎵 Turn it up to 11!
- Konami really went hard with the Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel soundtrack. Take a listen to the entire soundtrack on YouTube.
📝I don't know what a pen looks like.
- I did a review of Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel which you can find here.
- I'm also preparing a video for it as well.
- River City Girls which clocks in at 35 minutes long is still going to take some time to edit.
💖 Enjoy this newsletter?
Forward to a friend and let them know where they can subscribe (hint: it's here).